Analyse your Business - Points to Consider
- your current contracts, including customer feedback and current performance;
- your strengths and weaknesses;
- current geographical coverage;
- pricing structures;
- unique selling point(s) of your organisation;
- current sub-contracting undertaken, either by you or to you;
- current collaboration e.g. consortium, joint ventures, etc.;
- areas of development/expansion for your organisation in the future.
Analysing the above will help you to:
- determine which parts of the public sector you are interested in;
- ensure you only bid for work that you can do;
- determine if you have the resources to deliver a large contract to the whole public sector;
- decide if you are better suited to a local or niche market;
- determine if you could you be a main contractor, or if being a sub-contractor or part of a consortium better suited for your business;
- further determine who your current and potential future competitors are.