Quotations - Key Points to Consider
What are Procurement Officer's Looking For?
Your bid will be assessed against a number of set criteria. These criteria will be given to you in the invitation to quote or the quick quote documents, so that you can see clearly what the procurement officer is looking for. Procurement officers will always be looking for the most economically advantageous (MEAT) bid which is a combination of price and quality/technical and sutainability criteria.
During an evaluation, procurement officers are looking to ensure that you:
- have the skills required;
- have adequate resources;
- are reliable;
- offer a competitive price;
- can meet the quality standards required.
You should therefore make sure that your quote demonstrates this as clearly as possible.
Preparing a Quote - Consider:
- A breakdown of the requirements as you understand them - this is to ensure that any misunderstanding is identified and clarified as soon as possible;
- A description of how you have the skills and experience to deliver the requirements;
- Practical details of how you will meet the requirements;
- Any guarantees, after sales service, or warranty period;