Training and networking can help you understand more about your organisation and what other organisations have done, or are doing, to improve their practices. There are several organisations who can help you secure training and open up networking opportunities for your organisation, as per below.
Supplier Development Programme
If you are a Scottish Small or Medium Enterprise (SME) or a Third Sector Organisation, advice and guidance is available through the Supplier Development Programme (SDP). SDP provides free training and support.
Business Gateway provides practical help, advice and support for new and growing businesses in Scotland, such as:
- Magazines / e-bulletins / newsletters / leaflets;
- Telephone help/support centre;
- Training courses and events;
- One-on-one consultancy support.
Centre of Expertise
A Centre of Expertise awards contracts on behalf of different parts (or “sectors”) of the public sector. They also work to improve processes and collaboration between public bodies.
These Centres of Expertise are:
- Scottish Procurement: awards national and sectoral contracts on behalf of the Scottish Government, its Agencies and Non-Departmental Public Bodies e.g. the National Museums of Scotland, Scottish Enterprise;
- Advanced Procurement for Universities and Colleges (APUC) awards contracts on behalf of the Higher and Further Education sector;
- NHS National Procurement awards contracts on behalf of the Health Sector;
- Scotland Excel awards contracts on behalf of Scottish local authorities (councils).
The Centres of Expertise have their own websites which contain guidance information for their respective sectors, and they also hold a programme of training sessions. Queries can be raised with the relevant Centre of Expertise, as listed above.
Social Firms Scotland
Social Firms Scotland provides support for to organisations who create work for those who face barriers to employment . They provide: information and advice; business development support; events and training.
Senscot supports the networking of social entrepreneurs, and is working to establish and maintain a support network for social enterprises.
links to other useful sites