What is COP26?
The Conference of the Parties (or COP) will hold it's 26th annual summit this year, hence why the event is referred to as COP26.
COP26 is the UN Climate Change Conference. More than 190 world leaders, their representatives, negotiators, businesses and others will come together for global talks to address the global emergency of climate change.
When and Where is COP26?
The UK, parterned with Italy, will host the 12 days of talks during 31 October - 12 November 2021 at the SEC in Glasgow.
Key Goals of COP26
1. Secure global net zero by mid-century and keep 1.5 degrees within reach
2. Adapt to protect communities and natural habitats
3. Mobilise finance
4. Work together to deliver
Private and public sector organisations are key to delivering these goals. More and more you will see procurement exercises asking how your organisation can contribute to net carbon zero targets and community benefits.
How Can your Organisation Show Climate Leadership?
COP26 is inviting large and small businesses from around the world to join us in the #RaceToZero. Race To Zero is a global initiative, backed by science-based targets, to commit businesses, cities, regions, investors and universities to achieve net zero emissions by 2050 at the very latest.
Joining the Race to Zero, through its partner initiatives, will result in the following benefits:
- Your business action being recognised as credible and science-based
- Joining a community of members spanning regions and sectors with whom to share best practices
- Accessing powerful communications material in the run up to COP26
- Playing a role in the most decisive year of climate action
- Receiving support every step of the way
Visit the Race to Zero website for more information and become the next company to join the Race ahead of COP26.
More informatioon on COP26 can be found on the COP26 website.